Log Villa Kangastus
The log Villa Kangastus, on the shore of Pieni Kankainen Lake, is about four kilometres from the Estate. The two-storey villa was completed in 1999 and sleeps eight. Pieni Kankainen is a peaceful, small lake where the nearest neighbours are on the opposite shore.
The cottage has a lawn nestled in the natural environment. Shallow water by the shore has a sandy bottom, with softer soil at greater depths. There is a ten-metre dock on the shoreline.
The cottage has a five-star rating.
- 4 bedrooms (downstairs: single room with entrance from the porch, upstairs: double room with two beds, double room with a loft bed and a small attic room under the eaves that sleeps eight, a living room, a kitchen, a porch facing the water and an upstairs balcony)
- sauna, wash-room, WC
- downstairs 68.8 m², upstairs 30 m², porches 33.3 m²
- covered grill on the shore
- all amenities (electricity, water, dishwasher, satellite TV, DVD and washing machine)
- free Internet connectivity
The lake is excellent for casting as well as rod and reel fishing, permit included in the rental fee. In the winter the nearest lighted cross-country skiing trails are about 6 km away, and there are a number of downhill-skiing resorts ½-1½ hours away.
- The minimum rental period is three days, price 570 euros.
- A minimum of one week’s stay is required at Midsummer and New Year’s.
- A rental day begins at 4:00 PM and ends at noon.
- Prices include final cleaning, but do not included linens.
- These services are available at additional cost:
- 15€/person for linens that are delivered
- 25€/person for beds that are made
Reservations and payments
Customers will be sent a reservation confirmation with the name and address of the holiday site’s owners, instructions on how to locate the key or access the accommodation as well as wire-transfer forms for payment of rent. All issues related to the invoice must be reported within ten days of the invoice date. Always use the bank reference number when making a payment.
The reservation is confirmed when the customer has paid the initial deposit (20% of the cottage rental price) by the due date (14 days from the date of invoice), or has paid both the deposit and the balance of the payment at the same time. The balance of the payment must be paid no less than six (6) week before the scheduled stay. If a reservation is made less than six (6) weeks before the scheduled stay, there is no deposit and the entire amount is payable immediately. If the overall length of the reservation is less than a week, it will be invoiced in advance in its entirety and must be paid in full within 14 days of the date of invoice.
Cancellations must always be done in writing (letter, email). A reservation is considered cancelled when the Taulu Estate receives notice of the cancellation. If the customer can prove that the cancellation was made and posted to the correct address at the right time, the cancellation will be accepted even if it is delayed or does not arrive at all.
The deposit and a handling fee will be charged for cancellation of a reservation. If the cancellation is made less than 21 days before the scheduled arrival date, the cost of the entire holiday will be charged. If the holiday site can be marketed to another customer at a comparable price, only the deposit and handling fee will be charged.
The afore-mentioned notwithstanding, the customer has the right to received reimbursement from the Taulu Estate, with the exception of the deposit and handling fee, if the customer or a member of the customer’s household is taken ill, has an accident or dies. In such cases the Taulu Estate must be notified without delay and reliable proof must be provided, for example a doctor’s certificate. If a holiday is cancelled when it is already underway no reimbursement will be made.